Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How should a jury be gathered?

Go down 
+6
Unhurius
Alais
Gamning
Silvies
Xariandra
Pilus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pilus
Admin

How should a jury be gathered? Empty
PostSubject: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:48 pm

Okay, todays trial was a overall failure because of a biased and small jury. I was in the raid chat with them to organise and I saw one jury member do what I would determine as lobbying. I am afraid that the whole trial did not have much impact ont eh corrupted result.

So, instead of being angry over wasting everyones times, how can we make sure it would not happend again? By that, how can we gather a jury inside a game? Apperently trying to select random people do not work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Xariandra

Xariandra

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:17 pm

First of all use alts to block out any IC corruption

Secondly take people you know personally and who you can trust for these positions with their alts, and there you go ^^
Back to top Go down
http://thescourge.forumotion.com/
Pilus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:27 pm

Just to clear out, the lobbying was done OOC. It makes it quite hard to select people, since you would have to select RPers who is not involved even OOC. In algoraths case that limits it quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Silvies

Silvies

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:53 pm

But ofc the less they are involved the better, that way it is hard for them to be you know... like on someone else's side and they have no personal gain here. Also I am always up for jurying with my dwarf alt! He was a judge(a judge has some power too doesn't he on the final punishment?) once too, oh and ofc when I get back untile then you guys must endure in total darkness! *mwahahaha*
Back to top Go down
Gamning

Gamning

PostSubject: How to orgenize   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 4:33 pm

Well i think the ide to take some random wasnt to bad.
But i think its better if you assemble them some days before the trail then on the spot.
In that way we can avoid clashes as it were with Galthos marriage with one of the jury.
But i also support that we take in people we can trust and know wont just go and join a Gruul raid or something.

So in more detail:
*find judge and lawyer
*select a date
*find a jury that dous not have any major relationship to the people involved in the case (major becouse like everyone has some kinda relationship to most famus rp:er)
*Lawyers should inform the judge (or whoever hold it) about what witnesses they are going to bring and then the judge can inform that the witness cant testify or that he will replace one of the jury members

Not saying this is how it should be but more like a tip.
Back to top Go down
Gamning

Gamning

PostSubject: how to orgenize   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 4:36 pm

one more thing, standing there in hours is really tiresome, i cant imagine how the judge had it with all "objection! objection! objection" i suggest we have some kinda rule that after each hour we have a 5min brake or something.
Back to top Go down
Alais

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:48 pm

Also, get the judge to say "Objection overruled" That works. But a baised jury...Well, I say you just get people you trust to role Lv1 alts with random names. Make sure they're people you can personally trust to be good enough role players to maintain the illusion of Neutrality IC, and trustworthy enough people to keep things quiet OOC.
Back to top Go down
Unhurius

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:07 pm

If the lawyer that are defending are a friend to the prosecuted, then that might be a advantage becasue then you will do your uttermost to get your friend free, rahter than you give up becasue the evidance are overwhelming.

And about the Jury i think you shulld take random people that aren't connected in anyway with the one standing there being prosecuted.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:48 am

Some have given the suggestion of making a supreme court. A court consisting of two or three judges instead of a jury. The good thing about this is that the only people who have to be present is the judges, lawyers, procecuder, proceduded and the witnesses. If it is only them, then it would not matter that much how long time it will take.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Good idea

tough it is a bit to modern for WoW i guess
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:24 pm

tbh.. I think a supreme court is more medievil :O depends on the culture..
Back to top Go down
Liesje

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm quite sure they didn't have juries back in medieval times.
The system here in the Netherlands have never used juries as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Miriel

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:46 pm

well then lets try without a jury? and hope that the judge won't be accused for infavor one part XD
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 2:29 pm

Miriel wrote:
well then lets try without a jury? and hope that the judge won't be accused for infavor one part XD

/agree

@Liesje

True, and our system works pretty fine,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How should a jury be gathered?   How should a jury be gathered? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How should a jury be gathered?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Forum :: Other Stormwind Guilds :: Stormwind Court-
Jump to: