Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Initiation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pyschotaz

Pyschotaz

Initiation Empty
PostSubject: Initiation   Initiation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:55 pm

Yes he was nervous, who wouldn’t be. This could be the most important moment of his life, and he hadn’t even had a warning, no time to prepare. However despite the suddenness of this situation he was still quietly confident. This order did not pick people at random and surely they must have seen something in him to give him this chance.
Even though he was surrounded by individuals, he knew he would be alone in this test and that they were merely observers…or judges. The were cloaked and he knew that only passing the test would let him see their true faces, maybe not even then. Keeping his head down he tried as best he could in these next few moments to prepare as much as he could, however little that was

‘I’m sure you are feeling that you have had no time to prepare,’ a voice boomed suddenly. The young man in the centre looked up to a central figure who had not been there before. As the man continued the young man felt he could see the hint of a smile on his face, as though this was not something new to him.
‘However if you knew what was in store for you there would be no point in testing you. This test will reveal more about you and your character then you realise.’

‘Aye lad, this ain’t fur the faint-heart’d.’ The voice came from a smaller figure who was quite probably a dwarf from his accent and height.

The central figure shot the dwarf a glance, and continued speaking, ‘yes indeed, though you have already passed some tests to get here. We don’t just invite anyone to stand before the council.’

The young man was absorbing everything and dared not speak for failing the test.

‘Well if you are ready, we shall begin.’

‘I am,’ the young man replied and looked at the central figure with determination in his eyes.

‘Very well, let us start…’

The young man woke with a start. What had happened he thought? He remembered that he was about to begin his test and then nothing…

‘Ah you are awake I see.’ The voice came from a chair by the door.

The young man looked around and took in just where he was. He was in a small room with a narrow window. There was a table in the corner and a chair with the man sitting in it. Finally he realised he was lying in a bed.

He looked at the man and said, ‘so did I fail then, is that why I can’t remember? Are you here to kill me? If so then you won’t find me idle.’

The man burst out laughing, ‘hahaha, you’re a feisty one aren’t you. No lad I’m not here to kill you. If the council had wanted to do that, they would have done it while you were unconscious, not let you wake and give you a chance to escape. They don’t like chances those guys.’

‘So who are you then?’ The young man shot back.

‘Me, why merely a simple servant of this place, who was instructed to welcome you to your new home for the next year,’ the man replied.

‘My home, for the next year…’ the young man said more to himself, ‘why?’

‘This is where you will live while the order instructs you. When your training is finished you will be sent back out into the world, though of course, you won’t stop learning.’ The man explained, though the young man was still confused.

‘Never mind that now though,’ the man said as he stood up. ‘I am to get you wash and fed, then give you a tour of the keep. I will wait for you outside, I expect you out within two minutes.’

With that he left the young man, who was still trying to process all the information. However one thing he knew was that he had passed, even if he couldn’t remember. He climbed out of bed and put on a tunic and breeches that had been left for him. He found some boots by the door and put them on too before stepping out into his new world.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Initiation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Initiation   Initiation I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Nice story..
read it on SSLforums ^^
Back to top Go down

Initiation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Forum :: IC only forums :: Stories and Backgrounds-
Jump to: