Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Pirate Queen

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hafwen

Hafwen

The Pirate Queen Empty
PostSubject: The Pirate Queen   The Pirate Queen I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Perched atop of the rigging sat a very unusual figure. A Night Elf. Her skin, unlike other elves, had a hint of colour from the many hours she spent in the sun. She stood tall atop the mast, holding on loosely to the ropes, leaning into the wind she smiled brightly and her eyes glowed more than ever before. Garbed in brightly coloured silks she took on the form of what could be mistaken for a brightly coloured bird of paradise. Rings adorned her fingers and around her neck hung a unique gold pendant, moulded into the shape of her ship.

This. Was Captain Aysel Wolfbane. Captain of The Duchess.

On the horizon she eyed a ship with caution and in haste slid down the mast landing neatly on her feet with a quiet "thud" of her boots. Her wolf, Bane, looked up at her curiously.

"All right ye' bunch o'layabouts! We got company! So make yerselves ready ta' meet friend or foe!"

She swung turn swiftly on her heel to survey the movements of her crew, as she did the shells, beads and bones braided into her hair made contact with each other creating a cascade of sounds. She smirked as the men and women under her command leapt into action.

Taking prime position at the helm she took a bandana from her her crowded belt and tied her hair back, she looked fierce to say the least as she stood there with Bane sat close to her heel. Captain Wolfbane had the belief that women could command with as much authority if not more than their male counterparts, she lived by this and was rather good at striking fear into the most worthy of male opponents. She liked a challenge.

"Yer goin' nowhere mate... S'too dangerous fer a mutt like yerself." She smiled at the wolf, ruffling his long silver fur, he returned an almost sceptical look.

As the ship drew closer an eerie wind blew The Duchess' sails, fluttering in the wind the ship rocked a little from side to side. It was then that Captain Wolfbane noticed something unnerving... Striding down from her podium she leant across the side of the ship, looking over at the foreign, unknown vessel. She raised an eyebrow as her hands snaked quickly to her pistol and rapier.

"Weigh anchor! We're goin' over!" She shouted as she mounted the side of her ship, in one quick jump she was aboard the vessel. Her crew dropped anchor on The Duchess and carefully made their own way across to the other ship.

Her eyes darted from rigging to mast, mast to helm, helm to aft. Nothing. No one. Something did catch her eye though.... An emblem on the door to the Captain's cabin. She stared in disbelief, swallowing hard she dropped her weapons and headed at pace down into the galley.

"Captain! Wait!" Shouted her trusted First Mate as he follow closely behind her.

She stopped dead. The galley was... A war-zone. Blood on the floor, hammocks shredded, sailor's chests kicked over, possessions littering the floor. All except one. Calmly, she strode to the chest and knelt down in front of it. She ran her hand over the brass plate on the top, it bore the initials "T.G". On her feet again she sprinted through the belly of the ship, frantic, distraught, alone. Nothing. Not a soul was left on this ship. Yet, in the hold was a banner. She tilted her head curiously, she knew this banner... Yet... How could they be on the sea? It was impossible... The Scourge...

Filled with raw anger and hatred the Captain strode back to the galley her men waiting patiently for her.

"Take tha' chest and put it in me quarters. Then burn the ship. Now!"

The chest was loaded and the ship primed with oil, alcohol and wood. Wolfbane steered The Duchess and good distance from the ship before her men fired flaming arrows, she went up quickly, thick, black smoke covered the horizon. She stared at the once grand Marquis of Southshore as it began to break apart.

"This is indeed a black day for our kind...." She muttered to herself.

Within the week The Duchess had docked. Goods and gold had been exchanged and Captain Aysel Wolfbane has returned to shore. The Duchess, now a trading ship, had been sold. Wandering the docks of Theramore she shook her head, the beads and bones still clattering, looking back to the sea she sighed, murmuring a name. Bane nodded and brushed his head against her hand.

"Fare well... An' remember me Lady O' t'Sea... Fer I was Cap'n Aysel Wolfbane..."

As she strode off into the town the sea called back to her, softly, almost unheard...

Could she still be The Pirate Queen?
Back to top Go down
http://swuniversity.freeforums.org
Dagren

Dagren

The Pirate Queen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Queen   The Pirate Queen I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:57 pm

Well? Is she? :O
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

The Pirate Queen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Queen   The Pirate Queen I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:02 pm

*nod-nod* Nice story, cant remember someone wearing the rank of Pirate Queen since long time.

I know its sort of old story but liked it and since I myself RP King of a Pirate Brotherhood I give all my three thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Pirate Queen Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Queen   The Pirate Queen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Pirate Queen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Forum :: IC only forums :: Stories and Backgrounds-
Jump to: