Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)

Go down 
+2
Pyschotaz
Exaythe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Exaythe

Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) Empty
PostSubject: Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)   Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Greetings!

I spoke with some people on your server, as well as one of your councillors. I am Exaythe, head of Stormwind Council on the Defias Brotherhood server and am here for a little exchange of ideas!

some information on Stormwind on DB

Stormwind on DB is currently dominated (in ooc terms) by The Disciples of Light, Stormwind City Watch, The Scarlet Crusade, Nightfalls Sanctuary, The Argent Templars, Swiftstrike Eagles(mercenary guild) and an evil guild The Hand of Nightmares. Right now no active taverns, merchants or such are present. Quite some non-guilded population is present (or aligned to PvE guild). Also RP is brewing in Lakeshire, with an AWESOME project there.

the Old Stormwind council was led by Maelmoor Lightbringer from Holy Lightbringers guild, but many people ICly and OOCly thought him to be utterly corrupt, arrogant and powerhungry. The Argent Templars started a tiny revolution, but it never got too large untill one day leader of the Hand of Nightmares offered them his aid in exchange of Pardon for himself and his minions. Templars agreed.

my character (a naive, pacifist neutral good draenei priestess) is not the one for revolutions, but when she learned that Zaraj (leader of the hand of Nightmares) is out to capture stormwind again. (he has once captured it once, in an awesome 2-months long event we refer to as the Civil War). So she took control of the rebellion, booted Zaraj and eventually came to overthrow the Old Stormwind council and make the new one.

Right now, we are still in the aftermath of the rebellion - increasing RP activity in the city, having politicians fighting for bits and pieces of power, Hand of Nightmares seeking revenge on my character for cutting short their dreams of power. As well as Maelmoor escaping to Darnassus where he plots with his elven allies to return to power. (or so we think)

we aim to create active Tavern in Stormwind, organize regular patrols and guard events. But as you can see, our Stormwind is quite 'cosmopolitan' due to other alliance cities having virtually no RP at all.

This is the official document containing the information about the city and the council.

The Stormwind Council

Council

Minister of Internal Affairs- Altorius Kingscrest ((Altorius))
Minister of War- Geldar Angelos ((Geldar))
Minister of Defence- Vice Minister Abel Nightroad ((Nightroad))
Minister of Justice- Celinia Deliere ((Celinia))
Minister of Culture and Education-
Chairperson – Exaythe the Abjurer ((Exaythe))

Council Guilds

The following guilds are represented on the Stormwind council:

The Scarlet Crusade
The Disciples of Light
The Freewalkers
Nightfalls Sanctuary
Stormwind City Watch
Swiftstrike Eagles
The Argent Templars

Laws

The following is an official list of the current laws of Strormwind, passed down by the King. Any persons found to be in breach of any of these laws will be arrested and put through the process of a fair trial, possibly leading in a conviction. ((Please copy to your guild’s website, and keep updated should the laws change))

The laws are as follows:

1. Murder, aid in murder or attempt to murder with malice of forethought of a citizen of Stormwind within the Kings land.

2. Assault of a citizen (armed or otherwise, would require an official complaint).

3. Torture of prisoners, held by law or not.

4. Kidnapping of a citizen within the Kings land.

5. Forcing oneself on another. (("Rape" or "Sexual Harrassment" is AGAINST THE LAW SET FORTH BY BLIZZARD. This is purely on an RP basis, by which both parties ooc agree to roleplaying this to happen. If then the "offended" wishes to RP a complaint, this is fine. THIS IS NOT CONDONING ANY VIOLATION OF TERMS SET BY BLIZZARD. A real complaint of harrasment must be sent to a GM and not the Council))

6. Unlawful holding or arrest of a citizen within city walls. An arrest warrant must be granted before the arrest or within 3 days of the arrest. (Arrest warrant can only come from a council named Judge or Minister of Justice.)

7. Forceful banning of entry to any public institution in city walls.

8. Sedition against the King (by word or action).

9. Defilement of Royal or Church property. (including the summoning of any Demon on Holy Grounds)

10. Lewd or sacrilegious actions on church grounds.

11. Release of a Greater Demon within city or any place of where citizens may fall prey.

12. Employment of , spying for or aiding in any manner Horde or Undead

13. Assaulting the city by means of force.

13a. Rioting within the city.(peaceful demonstrations are allowed as long as they do not violate law number Cool

14. Bearing false witness in court.

14a. Acting as a Judge without power to do so.

14b. Bribing and taking of bribes.

15. Making wrongful claim to or attempt at taking over property already claimed by a faction that has been recognized by the Council.

16. The employment of or working as a prostitute within the Kings land.

17. Breaking a Court order or banishment.

Please report any person(s) in breach of the above to any of the following people:
Celinia, the appointed High Court Judge and Minister of Justice for the Stormwind Council.

Short version

The Stormwind Council is responsible for community-wide events, law and order in the city and letting the guilds work together. This short version is for those too lazy to read all, or to those familiar with old council and want to read about changes only. Scroll down for long version if you want full picture.

-Unlike the old council, the number of ministries is limited by the factual need of a ministry. If you are not responsible for any events and activities and only Sit on the council – you shouldn’t be there as a councillor.
-To compensate for this ‘elitism’ each guild or faction can send a representative to the council, who will state guild’s concerns, bring forth suggestion as sort of First Priority visitor. Representatives will also vote on the Laws (because laws concern entire community) and will vote on new ministers and replacement or removal of old.
-The council will shift it’s focus from RPing leaders, to actually organizing and holding events and contributing to role-play.
-it is our aim to help other people who have a vision for great event, but do not have the contacts to organize one to see their dream brought into reality.
-Ministers have more power inside their own field of authority, so we should no longer have to see boring 1 hour debate followed by 15 minute voting on whether or not to hold a Ball - minister responsible can just go and organize it.
-Above written can make it sound as if Political RP is dead , but it is not. Representatives should still add to that old good corrupt political RP.
-not all guilds can be represented, you need to be part of the Stormwind RP community both IC and OOC (so, for instance Nature’s Grasp cannot apply) and not have criminal charges against you. (Dark Sphere). But Criminal guilds can be represented OOCly so that they still get a say in planning of events, because they do contribute greatly to the server.

Long version
The Goals of the Stormwind council

The new Stormwind Council no longer has the primary goal of acting as a ruling body of unquestioned authority, but instead focuses on Organization and Planning of events as well as a medium to bring guilds of Stormwind closer together. This means that the Stormwind Council will not only make and organize events on it’s own, but should aid people in organizing their events (at least by informing the Guilds of Stormwind that the event is to take place) should they ask for Council’s Help.

Also, the council will maintain the ‘law’ and the ‘guards’, so the old justice versus Criminals RP is NOT dead.

The Structure of the Stormwind Council

The Stormwind council contains of two parts, the Councillors and Guild Representatives.
Amount of councillors is limited by the positions which can be taken, if a position does not have some real work involved it does not exist. For instance you cannot be Minister of Magic unless you promise to actually create magical RP, and keep your promise. This is to ensure that there are no ministers which are responsible for nothing and do nothing except coming online each Tuesday.

Representatives on the other hand are limited only by amount of guilds of stormwind. To enter the council the guild must have it’s current IC HQ in kingdom of Stormwind, have it’s RP activity in Stormwind, and not have any charges against it at the moment.

Councillors explained

Councillors are ministers, responsible for their field. It is their duty to organize events and carry out tasks in their field (minister of Justice, for instance must see that trials are organized). First ministers were appointed by the elected delegates, but new ones will be set in by the absolute majority vote of councillors and representatives (two thirds). Old ministers can be replaced by new ones in the same way. If ministry is inactive, or minister does not do the job correctly the same vote can decide to remove him.

Any person who has currently no charges against him, and has never been found guilty of Accepting bribes, treason or conspiracy with the Horde can apply as a minister to any existing post, or new one if he can persuade that such post is Needed. His appointment will then be decided by the vote (see above).

The ministers have power in their own department limited only by law, and do not need approval of anybody else when doing things within their own area of expertise (though, they can still be held responsible if something goes wrong, and even forced to resign if they act not properly). So, minister of internal affairs (trade and leisure) does not have to bring his idea for a Masquerade to a vote, he can simply start organizing it.

Representatives explained

Representatives are regular visitors to the stormwind council sent by powerful orders and factions of Stormwind (guilds, Church, sub-councils if there are any). Representatives are there for better communication between orders and the council, to bring forth their faction’s concerns and ideas and to vote on the Laws. Once again, a law has to gain Absolute Majority (two thirds) to pass. To enter the council the guild must have it’s current IC HQ in kingdom of Stormwind, have it’s RP activity in Stormwind, and not have any charges against it at the moment.

The idea is that nearly all stormwind RPers are part of some guild, which means that almost every person in the city will be Represented by a person they know and can easily reach. And in that way has an indirect say in Laws (which affect entire city), and in the political affairs.

Ps: if number of representatives does not allow to determine precise value of two thirds (5, 7 etc) following table will be used.
4 – absolute majority is 3
5 – absolute majority is 3
7 – absolute majority is 5
8 – absolute majority is 6
10 – absolute majority is 7

Visitors explained

Council meetings are open for all people to visit in order to bring forth their suggestions and ideas. The visitors are treated after representatives (representatives have priority on speaking their issues and suggestions). Visitors can state their concerns to the council, suggest things or ask for things to change. Ideally the council should offer help in case visitor is planning an event, at least by informing the guilds of Stormwind (through representatives) that such event takes place.

Council positions

Minister of Defence – responsible for organizing patrols inside the city and the guards. It is his duty to see that criminals are captured and no violence breaks out on the streets. Organizes patrols, guards, guard trainings and so on.

Minister of War – responsible for the borders of the kingdom, and the campaigning in the far off lands. Organizes w-pvp events, military trainings and so on.

Minister of Internal affairs – responsible for Property, Trade and Leisure. He organizes parties and big festivities, aids businesses (such as taverns or shops) spread their word and stay afloat.

Minister of Justice – responsible for upholding the Law in entire city, and keeping others to the law. Organizes trials, responsible for prisoners.

Minister of Culture and Education – (!VACANT!) will have to resurrect the Stormwind University, and make sure it continues to exist as well as advising other ministers on affairs of culture (for instance, shaving dwarven prisoners is no-do). Should any cultural tension arise, it is his duty to see it solved.

Chairperson – responsible for smooth council meetings. Chairperson announces the topics, calls visitors and representatives to come to the table, ends any arguments and endless fruitless discussions. Chairperson is also responsible for council-mail, and is the one to keep representatives and ministers informed. It can be said that Chairperson is at least partially responsible for ‘public relations’.

The End

I hope to learn more of your server, and your way of doing things and may be we can learn a thing or two from each other!
Back to top Go down
Pyschotaz

Pyschotaz

PostSubject: Re: Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)   Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:09 pm

This looks interesting. Nice post
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

PostSubject: Re: Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)   Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 4:43 pm

Very very nice.. Especially the Guild Representives thingy can be very nice within our Council aswell, altough we don't have -that- much active RP-guilds it seems lately. scratch but I like the idea.

Check out our Councilpost Very Happy think I'll expand it soon with some other information.
Back to top Go down
Exaythe

PostSubject: Re: Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)   Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 4:56 pm

aye, checked it.

the idea of towncriers is actually awesome!

PS: we also have people working FOR the council, such as
Inspectors
Diplomats
Judges and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)   Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:39 pm

I must say, you have quite some good ideas.
I hope you dont mind us adapting some of the ideas to refreshing our concept.

When I created the council I pictured it as a governtment. Besides of the political things, then I also pictured them taking care of more baucratic things, such as trade licenses and house deed. However, so far that have not been possible to get started. That is mainly because of lacking interest in the task.

In generel we currently have both good situations, but also problems in the council. The good situation is the drama/political RP. The new law issued have given quite some RP options.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Exaythe

PostSubject: Re: Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)   Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:44 pm

You are of course free to adopt any of the ideas.

but as I see from the list, situation is quite different on your coincil.

On our council, even the Old One, there was an overwhelmingly strong presence of devout theocrates, who held virtues of the Light in high regard. WHile Old Council was more conservative, new one is more progressive. But still, most of the councillors - and representatives are devout followers of the Light. (we have a vote on Abolition of Death sentence coming week, hehe).

Is there any place where I can learn of the RP situation in YOUR stormwind by the way?
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)   Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:57 pm

It is fairly new, but I think this thread can give an impression of the situation: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=5226012633&sid=1
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Xariandra

Xariandra

PostSubject: Re: Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)   Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:57 am

Very nice post - thanks a lot for willing to share this with us.

The first thing I notice is that your realm seems to have A LOT more active RPers and RP guilds.. the lack of this on SSL will always quite hinder RP. We are a vast minority here.

The idea of allowing visitors during our councilmeeting and present ideas and suggestions really appeals to me. I will bring this subject forth IC at the next meeting.

And then I have a question: you guys seem to have A LOT of conflict RP over there. Evil forces trying to rule stormwind slowly from within - just like Cult of the Thuzadin here (only we are Scourge-based, worship the Lich King). Could I ask how exactly they work, and how they work with the "good guy" guilds on your realm in order to create such a realistic enviroment and happenings?

thanks,

Xariandra, leader of the Cult of the Thuzadin and High Councillor as Zeria Fordring
Back to top Go down
http://thescourge.forumotion.com/
Iritian Grelik

Iritian Grelik

PostSubject: Re: Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)   Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:51 am

((Ahooooi! Iritian has emerged!(He seems to not know if this is IC or OOC...)

Defias Brotherhood eh? Well, I've got an undead version of Iritian there tongue AND a troll hunterrrrr(*peers at Iritian* ... As if they would care to know if you had yet another alt there...) Who are you? /I think you two ought to stop now\ <_> riiight... more to the Topic, I'll read it later, but the little I've read, it makes me more interested Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
Exaythe

PostSubject: Re: Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)   Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Conflict RP?

well there are quite some scenes of conflict...

The Disciples of Light vs The Scarlet Crusade

Mostly it is a conflict between Scarlet Crusaders who believe they can be redeemed,and want to be part of normal society and Disciples of Light who believe the scarlets can never be redeemed. This conflict usually manifests in either side using whatever means possible to discredit the other side, mutual distrust. But no open conflict so far.

The 'Evil' Guild vs the Rest

Legacy of the evil guilds on DB started with The Dark Sphere, and initially RP was well-organized and involved the cultists hunting for Blood of important alliance leaders (leaders of major guilds) to create a Bloodstone. Sadly we got accused of God-emoting, and had to cancel event due to that. From then on it were mostly attempts of manipulating politicians and leaders into doing our bidding, and emote-fight-fests were not that frequent.

With time our guild grew, leadership changed, we got fame, and our little manipulative group turned into big dark army, with majority unaware of what subtlety means. We had some nasty attacks in broad daylight, emote fests and things were really going downhill. With coming of the TBC we reformed as The Netherdawn Empire - a zealous bunch, trying to claim outlands under guidance of ' the emperor' . But sadly outlands RP didn't work out, we got under-attendance and disbanded spawning a pity offspring which died in a month. After that I rerolled Lighty completely.

Then, one of the officers of the Old Dark Sphere has started new guild to continue the legacy - The Hand of Nightmares. He was preaching shadows, getting followers and it was pretty good and without too many emo-fights. Then he started awesome plot with artefact-hunt, and eventually won the race (we did not have the outcome planned, but Lighties acted stupid). So, he arranged things with the Stormwind Council OOCly,and they agreed to let him take over. all Goodies fled to RP in theramore, and he ruled Stormwind. Then we had awesome landing in westfall, and re-capturing of Stormwind. Event culminated with The Hand of Nightmares reforming back into the Dark Sphere.

SPhere had little activity, and Light vs Dark RP was dying and it eventually died out again, untill Hand of Nightmares returned and tried stirring up revolution against the council. My character jumped in and wrestled leadership of the revolution from their hands, so now the Hand skulks around seeking revenge. Mostly I am not so pleased with it, due to regular emote-fights in Stormwind and outside. This thread will sum it up:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=5101881014&sid=1&pageNo=1
Andrek is leader of the remnants of the Dark Sphere, Zaraj&Kneral leaders of the Hand of Nightmares

PS: I myself used to RP a darkie,and I prefer tougher, corruption and manipulation RP . Making extensive dream events, persuating people into doing evil things and the like. But I have discovered it is hard to find people to help with it, because majority of evil rpers prefer emote-fests. Hence my evil character acts alone, with few random followers he might occasionally get...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)   Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Message from parallel universe (Defias Brotherhood)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Forum :: Stormwind Council :: Messages to the council-
Jump to: