Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alternative punishments (besides jail)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Feronius

Feronius

Alternative punishments (besides jail) Empty
PostSubject: Alternative punishments (besides jail)   Alternative punishments (besides jail) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:49 pm

This idea is officially from Nerinil, but I decided to post it here and add a couple of things, since it's a very good idea.

Instead of sending every criminal to prison and let them wait a couple of days IC or perform a jailbreak (wich happens several times a day, only very rarely a good and organised one) Nerinil had the idea to let prisoners work for the kingdom. Cool

The following alternative options for outlaws I'd like to suggest:

- Sending a criminal to Prison (like we do now, the Stockades)
- Let them perform tasks, like cleaning the streets of Stormwind or other labor.
- Paying a fine (IC or both IC and OOC) and let them get bailed out by a noble or so.
- A trial with one judge only (medival ftw!) who decides the prisoners faith.
- At a war-crime, like a soldier misbehaving or making wrong mistakes in a battle/war, they are to be send to a small meeting of Military officers (this could be like the militia's higher-ranked for example) who then decide their fate.
- Have 2 criminals battle for freedom in the Gurubashi arena, setting them up in fights against eachother to the death.. or in groups.. or pherhaps even versus animals (hunter pets or druids?) Should only be done to important and dangerous criminals as a sort of alternative death sentence.
- Public exposal (or whatever it's called), having a criminal of some sort that has been terrorising the townsfolk brought up to a courtyard or public spot, chained, whilst the Public decides what happens to them (throwing rotten fruit ftw!)
- Death sentence, Throwing one in the canals or a lake with a weight attached to their feet or having them executed by a proffesional.

Ofcourse some of these punishments should only be given in exceptional cases(!) and nearly all of them should be arranged OOCly first (especially those with the risk of death, for your character) Altough I also suggest the criminals to OOCly arrange escapes to, so it does not all evolve into lame RP and power/godemoting.

I hope this idea's might bring a bit more RP, not only to the militia and criminals even, and it might be more fun then spending days in a prison IC Very Happy

Special thanks to Councillor Nerinil,
Councillor Feronius Wildclaw
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Alternative punishments (besides jail)   Alternative punishments (besides jail) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:10 pm

There is quite some good ideas in this. I will get our warden Gotrick to look at this also
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Nerinil

Nerinil

PostSubject: Re: Alternative punishments (besides jail)   Alternative punishments (besides jail) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Wootie woot!

Awesomenessssssss
Back to top Go down
Silvies

Silvies

PostSubject: Re: Alternative punishments (besides jail)   Alternative punishments (besides jail) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 6:28 pm

awsomage! Oh and dont froget the psychiatrist!
Back to top Go down
Thlaina

Thlaina

PostSubject: Re: Alternative punishments (besides jail)   Alternative punishments (besides jail) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:21 am

Those are some pretty nice ideas!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative punishments (besides jail)   Alternative punishments (besides jail) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative punishments (besides jail)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stormwind Forum :: General :: Ideas and Suggestions-
Jump to: