Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next Election

Go down 
+7
munechi
Xariandra
Gotrick
Siheld
Dagren
Feronius
Pilus
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pilus
Admin

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 pm

When the council concept was first made, I did not knew anything of how long time one term should be. If the council was successfull (which is have been), then there should be a reelection at some point. To me, one or more of the following is generel sign of the end of a council term:
  • Some councilors are no longer action.
  • A amount of the RP community do not remember last election, or were not present.
  • The councilors is running out of fresh ideas.

Currently I see the two first of those statements be more and more actuel, so I suggest that it is time for a new election within the comming months.

The time of the election should be planned with care. Around WotLK there will not be so much generel interest in the RP, so the election should not be with in the period of two weeks before the release of wrath and until 3 months after the release of wrath.

Let me hear your opinions on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Feronius

Feronius

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:43 pm

I agree.. and on other points, I kind of disagree..
It's a good idea and all your arguements are right.

But on the other hand, people are finally starting to acknowledge the council and some involve it in their RP and decisions..
If we re-elect now, the (finally!) bunch of active Councillors might be fed up with another few lazy and inactive people they will have to sort out.. again..

Still think it's a good idea.. we'll see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:01 pm

The power of Light compels you to vote for Dagren!
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:15 pm

Militia are not allowed to involve in politics directly..
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:33 pm

So..
I might lose my job?
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Feronius wrote:
Militia are not allowed to involve in politics directly..

I'll just have to leave the Militia then Wink
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:15 pm

Pilus read my Councilforum post..
Back to top Go down
Gotrick

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:41 pm

*coughs* Heeeello i am.. err.. O.o... Götrick.. that's right, Götrick Sharharadad and i'd like to apply for a councill job. :3 I am veryvery... good at solving.. things.. *coughs*
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:59 pm

Puzzles?
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:34 am

before wotlk is too early imo. After would be best
Back to top Go down
http://thescourge.forumotion.com/
munechi

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:36 am

i want to be in the council Very Happy
i am better then siheld in what ever he does!
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:15 am

Gives me time to prepare Cool
Back to top Go down
Liesje

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:58 pm

To be honest I think having a mid-term election to fill up the open spots now wouldn't be bad. And Rp-wise easily to explain: some councillors left and they have to be replaced.

idea?

Btw, I might have more time on my hands soon, if so I would like to set myself candidate once again. Gief post of religion!!
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:53 am

If there's going to be an election I would like to run for Councillor of Defence/Expansion and Expropriation. I know that this would mean I'd have to leave the Stormwind Militia.
Back to top Go down
Dreaker

Dreaker

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:13 am

I remember the first council election. I only wanted to be a councilor to extend my RP possibilities. But the council became a simple tool in the hand of the "RP player elite" to gain more power to help their own guilds. I realized that I have no chance to became a councilor.
When I heard that the council has free posts and the council will decide who will be the new councilor I hoped that maybe I can be the one. Because now my "RP skill" will counts not that how many people I can manipulate to vote to me.
I only want to ask you to give some time to the new Councilors.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 2:48 pm

From what I remember at last meeting, then the council is suppose to set up a interview with you. But they seems to forget the case *glares a bit*
Back to top Go down
Iritian Grelik

Iritian Grelik

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:56 pm

Beware the Deadly Horrific Smaushlisic Glare of PILUS! *drama with flames*
Back to top Go down
munechi

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 6:39 pm

Liesje wrote:
To be honest I think having a mid-term election to fill up the open spots now wouldn't be bad. And Rp-wise easily to explain: some councillors left and they have to be replaced.

idea?

Btw, I might have more time on my hands soon, if so I would like to set myself candidate once again. Gief post of religion!!

there are enough gnomes in the council already!
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 8:33 pm

So the councilmembers are abit corrupted by their power and formed a little elite. That never happens in real politics.. Sounds like good RP to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dreaker

Dreaker

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 pm

Pilus wrote:
From what I remember at last meeting, then the council is suppose to set up a interview with you. But they seems to forget the case *glares a bit*
Maybe they were too busy to so far. They got better things to do like they real life... Wait... we are WoW players we have no real life X3

Dagren wrote:
So the councilmembers are abit corrupted by their power and formed a little elite. That never happens in real politics.. Sounds like good RP to me Very Happy
I said "RP player elite".
They are players who have leading role in SSL RP like Pilus, unfortunately most "RP player elite" not so open minded like him.
Back to top Go down
Silvies

Silvies

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:49 am

*peers* Hmm I sense... misstrust... and an insult
Back to top Go down
Silvies

Silvies

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:51 am

Besides I dont think we are the leading RPers elite or what ever, no one even knows who I am even thou Im in the council xD
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 2:59 am

Dreaker, I would personally prefer you using other words than "RP player elite". Mainly because it suggest elitism. It was my first impression from your post. RP elitism is one thing I would like the council to fight. I would like to to be open and aid Stormwind related guilds getting running. An example is one we are currently working with: . They might prove quite an aid to religious RP.
Back to top Go down
Dreaker

Dreaker

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:50 pm

Something got bugged... I edited this post.
Dreaker wrote:
Silvies wrote:
*peers* Hmm I sense... misstrust... and an insult
I wasn't against you and I believed that you know me enough to know this.

Pilus wrote:
Dreaker, I would personally prefer you using other words than "RP player elite". Mainly because it suggest elitism. It was my first impression from your post. RP elitism is one thing I would like the council to fight. I would like to to be open and aid Stormwind related guilds getting running. An example is one we are currently working with: Northshire Brotherhood. They might prove quite an aid to religious RP.

Unfortunately I don't know much about the Council's work since the election. Except that one of the councilors threatened others... And believe me she didn't did that to get rid of the elitism.

BTW: RP player elites is needed. The people need to guided, coordinated. But here in SSL most important RP players didn't care about others.

Don't pot things between "<" and ">" because that won't be displayed. Smile

Last edited by Dreaker on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 12:53 pm

Dreaker wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Election   Next Election I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Election
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next