Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

dividing elwynn in districts and populating it

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
munechi

dividing elwynn in districts and populating it Empty
PostSubject: dividing elwynn in districts and populating it   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:49 pm

i got an idea for the kingdom of stormwind:

here is the map of elwynn i made
i divided everything in regions that could have local leaders and citizens. every region has its own quests (made by gryphonheart addons Very Happy ) this would probaly be a project for lowbies since its to easy for high lvls do participate in the quests. also there could be some sort of reputation project too for special rewards to but when you got enough reputation.
dividing elwynn in districts and populating it Elwynndistrictsrk9

northshire
description
the citezens of northshire live in the northshire church and get their materials from the local mine and their food from the local wolves and the local farm. problem is the defias brotherhood captured the farm and the gnolls took the mine and because the local hunters now help in the defense the hunt for the wolves is going bad. so thats why northshire recruits new civilians to aid them.

quests
quest 1
wolf hunt
get X wolf meat and X wolf skinns from the wolves of northshire
quest 2
getting resources
go into the mine and salvage X wooden stuff thats lying around and get X ores
quest 3
getting food
go to the farm and get X buckets of grapes
quest 4
aiding in the defense
kill X gnolls and X defias brotherhood members

buildings
only the church there

goldshire
description
the mine for resources is taken by gnolls , a group of murlocs made their homes on the lake and the local farmers are sick and cant harvest their crops. and besides that the defias members are now growing near the other lake.

quests
quest 1
getting resources
salvage X wooden things and get X ores
quest 2
farming for food
help the local farm in harvesting X crops
quest 3
the defense
kill X murlocs , X gnolls and X defias members

buildings
dividing elwynn in districts and populating it Goldshirezk1

eastvale
description
because of the murlocs in the north and south the wood harvest is stagnating , the defias took the local farm and a monument for the war heroes and the gnolls have the farm. the peasants are to scared of the murlocs and the military forces are short on hands the leaders re asking if the citizens can help them.

quests
quest 1
getting wood
gather X wood
quest 2
getting recources
salvave X wood and gather X ores
quest 3
gathering food
harvest X pumpkins
quest 4
killing the murlocs
kill X murlocs of the south and X murlocs of the north
quest 5
the defense
kill X defias members (farm) and X gnolls
quest 6
the monument
kill X defias members(lake) and do

buildings
dividing elwynn in districts and populating it Eastvaletn8

westbrook
description
the gnolls made a large encampment south of the garrison and the defias are forming a large threat near the lake.

quests
quest 1
riverpaw raiding
kill X gnolls and hogger
quest 2
raiding the defias
kill X defias members

buildings
only the garrison and a tower near the garrison
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: dividing elwynn in districts and populating it   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:07 pm

an example of how it could be

a lvl 3 player who lives in northshire decides to help the locals by doing the quest to get into the mine.
there he gets [salvaged wood] and [ores] , which are GHI items and to get them he had to right click some GHO objects.
he hands in the quest at the local major and gets 5 silver of GHP money and some GHR reputation.

a trader buys the ores the first one gathered for about 7 silver and sells them to the blacksmiths of goldshire for 8 silver.
the blacksmith of goldshire who is still an apprantice blacksmithing only knows how to smelt the ores to metal and sells it to stormwind blacksmiths for 10 silver

the blacksmith of stormwind makes some swords and armor from the metal and sells that to some advantururs for 15 silver.
the advanturer who just bought the armor goes back to his home in eastvale where he pays the governement the taxes.

so bassicly its just making everything alive , creating a more realistic econemy where people realy have to work(farming/killing,..) to get some money so they can pay the rent of their homes and stuff like that.

Last edited by munechi on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: dividing elwynn in districts and populating it   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:19 am

It is some really nice thinking in this. Although some of the quests seems remarkably like the exsisting one.

Anyhow, the economy system in GHP will be a bit different from the ingame one. It will depend less on grinding and more on acual trading. But well, it is still 1½ year into the future.

Anyhow, when GHI is released, people are free to make that as quest rewards. As in you can just ask someone to go gather 10 mucloc eyes and then give them a honor token afterwards. The honor token being an item that rewards reputation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
munechi

PostSubject: Re: dividing elwynn in districts and populating it   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:41 am

i know that it is mostly go there and kill that mob so many times quests but i couldnt think of anything else and besides its just an idea for a project i had. i didnt realy worked it out s much as i could i think as it took me only about 1-2 hours for thinking , writing , walking around ,...

mainly my intention with this project idea was to make some fun rp for low level (alts maybe) so they can rp with others in the project nd have something to aim for and as they are doing their quests they might want to do it together with others or something, maybe some one unrepeatable group quests can also be made but like i said before its just an idea for a project Smile

also have you had contact with enoril , the one who made RME if yes what was his response(if any) Smile
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: dividing elwynn in districts and populating it   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:55 am

also i think this can ttract new roleplayer to the realm it was used on, if you make an alt and look around for the ammount of rp and you see rp in nortshire , goldshire (if you manage to get the current ones out) and stormwind or on another realm you only see rp in stormwind , which would you choose?
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

PostSubject: Re: dividing elwynn in districts and populating it   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:25 pm

I think you should implement more RP quests, as in.. people communicating with other RPers Very Happy
NPC can be played as by players and new situations can be created that way, or messengers to actual IC people (Report to Commander Malbridge or High-Councillor Zeria.. etc.)

That would support RP even more, way more.. and it'll be more fun and random Razz since if there's players playing the "npc"s the quests are never the same.. drunken
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: dividing elwynn in districts and populating it   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:33 pm

maybe delivering the goods you just got from other quests to someone
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

PostSubject: Re: dividing elwynn in districts and populating it   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:38 pm

It's nicely thought off.. but here's some harsh facts.. :

- People will not bother to read this or even use the system. No
- People DO however might use this as inspiration to create quests themselves later Very Happy
- RPing quests will probably appear a bit more like random RP, and people will not use the divided districts, but simply call out the name of the area or so.. altough I think you ment to use to the districts thing to clarify the explanation also? Smile
- 50% of Elwynn doesn't read these forums, probably way more even.. so not sure how much of this will actually be used anyhow.

Does give some nice ideas and inspiration tough! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

PostSubject: Re: dividing elwynn in districts and populating it   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:47 pm

I have a small house with a patch of land in Eastvale, I would love some neighbours!
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: dividing elwynn in districts and populating it   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:23 pm

it was only a concept anyway Smile would be pretty hard to make it happen i think
Back to top Go down
Theronimus

PostSubject: Northshire   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 3:52 pm

If it gets decided to somehow put this stuff in motion, I demand that I am given the post as leader over Northshire!
This relating to my plans of creating an order of templars with their base in NS >-<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dividing elwynn in districts and populating it   dividing elwynn in districts and populating it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dividing elwynn in districts and populating it
Page 1 of 1