Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Same Faction Combat system

Go down 
+2
Thlaina
Pilus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pilus
Admin

Same Faction Combat system Empty
PostSubject: Same Faction Combat system   Same Faction Combat system I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 10:11 pm

As part of militia training, I have experimented with larger scale combats against same faction players. It is indeed a central part of many of our storylines, but it is very handicapped by the game mechanicals. Yesterday we had once again training where I tried my system. The result and comments on it where overall quite positive, so I thought I would bring it up for discussion and suggestions, with intention of using the system with combat between our guilds.

With system one should there is some requirements:
It should be fairer than the alternatives.
It should be easy for everyone to use. E.g. simple rules.
It should allow some amount of real time action. (e.g. emote combat is not real time action)

Is start our idea, let me present the system we are currently using in the militia training events. It builds on duels in system.

- Each player got three lives.
- Each time they lose a duel, they lose one life.
- When they lose all lives they are ‘dead’ and must lie down.
- A dead player can be resurrected by casting a healing spell on them. (no bandages or HOT’s)
- Duel requests must be accepted.

Even with a bit unbalanced teams, combats can be quite challenging this way. There is still a bit of unfairness with levels and gear, but overall I think it is more fair way. The militia said they had fun with it. After 30 minutes of combat I had not heard a single one complain about anything at all.

Let me hear what you think about this and be free to give your ideas. I think there is many other RP combat systems here and there, so feel free to share what you find.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Thlaina

Thlaina

PostSubject: Re: Same Faction Combat system   Same Faction Combat system I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Ehm. I remember training emote battles with the eagles. What about that? I mean you don't duel in stormwind, only when it's really a "fight to the ultimate death". Emote training is the most perfect thing to improve people's rping!
Back to top Go down
Unhurius

PostSubject: Re: Same Faction Combat system   Same Faction Combat system I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 10:20 pm

The event was great fun and it were much room for Strategic's and tactic's and that's what i just LOVE! santa
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Same Faction Combat system   Same Faction Combat system I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:06 pm

Thlaina wrote:
Ehm. I remember training emote battles with the eagles. What about that? I mean you don't duel in stormwind, only when it's really a "fight to the ultimate death". Emote training is the most perfect thing to improve people's rping!

Emote battle is quite nice and can give excelent RP if done correct. However, in larger encounters it does become a bit messy and slow. I say that on the background that we tried doing mainly emote battles with our enemies for the last ½ year.
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

PostSubject: Re: Same Faction Combat system   Same Faction Combat system I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Personally I also prefer dueling, and no it really isn't because my RP gear is PvP gear. It's simply faster, more exciting and generally more realistic then standing still and emoting. Your system sounds nice however I'd remove the ressurect thing, it could lead to argues and endless battles and is quite unrealistic
Back to top Go down
http://thescourge.forumotion.com/
Pilus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Same Faction Combat system   Same Faction Combat system I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:31 pm

The reason the ressurection thing is there, is to let numbers count for more and to give the highlevel more chances.

Without it one level 40 could defeat x level 20 without any problem. No matter how many they are.
Back to top Go down
Thlaina

Thlaina

PostSubject: Re: Same Faction Combat system   Same Faction Combat system I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:22 pm

I remember once team vs team dueling. 1 guy beated everyone up. so in large encounters i still prefer emote battles. only 1 v 1 duels are okay. silent
Back to top Go down
Miriya

Miriya

PostSubject: Re: Same Faction Combat system   Same Faction Combat system I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:03 am

I had a long rant written up about the mechanics of 1v1 combat, but then I remembered my Demotivational Warrior Poster thread.
Demotivationl Warrior Posters

Zorzil of Quel'Thalas paints the perfect pictures to clarify anything I would have said. A picture is worth a thousand words, but two is worth two-thousand.

Same Faction Combat system Resilience

Same Faction Combat system Execute
Back to top Go down
http://fury-warrior.blogspot.com
Nardon

PostSubject: Re: Same Faction Combat system   Same Faction Combat system I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:19 pm

the system sounds good( to bad I couldn't make the meeting Sad )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Same Faction Combat system   Same Faction Combat system I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Same Faction Combat system
Page 1 of 1