Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Northshire Abby... Deserted?

Go down 
+2
Pilus
Theronimus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Theronimus

Northshire Abby... Deserted? Empty
PostSubject: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 2:55 pm

Well, is it?

I wonder, because i want to turn the Abby into a cloister with monks, templars and you name it, making it the religious center of all Light Followers! (Screw Church in SW >-<)

Thus I'm going to create a paladin (Acting out as a priest when there's peace, kinda), lvl him up to a lvl where I can use decent RP gear, and then create this guild O.o

I guess you could compare it to the Templars, back during the crusades. This approach, rather than a group of monks doing nothing but preaching all day, should make things a lil' more interesting, and allow players who wants to slaughter as well as pray, to have a decent alternative to the militia and spare time preaching.

I guess we could be compared to the argent dawn or the scarlets, except that they're pretty much just against the scourge while we would be more like the old-fashioned templars, read books 'bout them and you'd see the difference >-<

With that said, I'm creating a Paladin and... Waiting for yer answer!
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:50 pm

Councilor Melefius is the only active member in the guild and he is slightly inactive atm. I could aid you with contact to him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Theronimus

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 11:14 pm

That would be very helpfull Very Happy

Shall I notify you by In Game whisp. or, shall we keep it on the forums? >-<
Back to top Go down
Melefius

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:35 am

You are welcome to use the Abbey if you wish. It's just fun if there's some activity there, just remember that i'm still useing it as my HQ so you'll have to repsect that i might peek in time to time.
Back to top Go down
Theronimus

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Alright, I'm glad to hear that Razz

I've decided to to place the main HQ of my order, which name will be "Templarus Illuminati" or something like that, in the Cathedral iun stormwind, as there's alot more space, altough the Abbey will serve as a cloister which acts out as a place of rest for knights off duty and retired knights, which now lives as monks.

And IC'ly, we can always say you have some kind of "close" relation to the order, and as you are councilour of religion, we kind o' must have <-<
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:31 pm

I was wondering Melefius, where are you? Wink
And not to be bitchy, but I think you should pick another guild name Thero Smile
Back to top Go down
Theronimus

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:47 am

How come?

"Templars of Illumination" (English version, Latin sounds more impressive, and medieval.) are kind of what we represent, spreading the light across ze world. Neutral
And why do you think i should change it? Just want to know, no offence taken Razz
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:17 am

There is a guild; Order of Illumination
But why latin? Why do people use latin for guild names?
Hmm
Let me think about a new guildname
Yes they all suck:

- Templars of the Abbey
- Hand of Freedom
- Templars of Redemption

I'll come up with more!

Last edited by Siheld on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Theronimus

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 12:27 pm

Latin because it's the all-time classic medieval language tongue

And the name must show that It is both a religious order devoted to the Light, and a brotherhood of light >-<
Illumination is a great word to describe their case, to let the light shine upon the whole world xD
But I'm thankfull that you're trying to help me Razz
Back to top Go down
Theronimus

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:30 pm

Oh, and by the way, were going to quote you on the guild thing, don't put words in < and >, they become invisible as the forum sees it as coding >-<
Back to top Go down
Theronimus

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:40 pm

Yet anopther thing, I have also decided to write a bible dedicated to the light Razz
All thanks to a fantastic AddOn named GHI, ever heard of it (yezzz, zat waz reeaalyy ztuupiiid)? >-<
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:39 pm

Like mine better Embarassed
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 6:59 pm

protectors of the flying cake
Back to top Go down
Iritian Grelik

Iritian Grelik

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Order of the Dark Gods.

Order of HUMILIATION.

or just

Order of the Crusaders?
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:29 am

order of crusading templars
Back to top Go down
Iritian Grelik

Iritian Grelik

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:38 pm

The Valiant order of WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Translated

Dis is WAAAAAGH!!
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Iritian Grelik wrote:
The Valiant order of WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Translated

Dis is WAAAAAGH!!
warhammer greenskins are so awesome

tough in the warhammr mmorpg they arent suicidal enough :/
Back to top Go down
Theronimus

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:41 pm

There's one problem with all your suggestions, except that most of 'em are jokes, and that is that none of them captures the meaning of the guild. It has nothing to do with freedom, redemption, cakes and WAAAAAHG's.

Order of Illumination were my first idea, but I soon discovered that it were already taken, and, as they really don't do much together with the rest of the rp community, at least I haven't seen them do anything big, I guess no one will complain if I use the word illumination, they don't have any copyrights or anything. And I've just read 'bout them on We are legion, and discovered that people would, at first, think we're just copying them, but, as I hope people will understand in time, they are a human paladin only guild, while we accept any of those who follows the path of the light, except warlocks and DK's, and won't focus as much on leveling as on roleplaying with the community. >-<

Templarus Illuminati (Templars of Illumination), is still the only decent idea of a guildname I have this far, and if nobody comes up with anything better soon, I'll stick to it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 5:58 pm

Theronimus wrote:

Templarus Illuminati (Templars of Illumination), is still the only decent idea of a guildname I have this far, and if nobody comes up with anything better soon, I'll stick to it. Neutral

Then use Templars of Illumination
Cause using latin.. well there is a guild called Intra Vires (and that one sucks) ..
Well it just sounds inaproperiate..
Templars of the Abbey gets my vote..
Back to top Go down
munechi

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:41 pm

order of the holy lobster
Back to top Go down
Melefius

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:57 am

To anwser your question Siheld. I currently have a lot to do school wise and i keep forgetting the meetings (Yes, i know im senile). But i'm trying as hard as i can to both keep up in school and remembering the meetings. Holy order of the lobster that sounds jummy. tongue
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:10 am

Melefius wrote:
To anwser your question Siheld. I currently have a lot to do school wise and i keep forgetting the meetings (Yes, i know im senile). But i'm trying as hard as i can to both keep up in school and remembering the meetings. Holy order of the lobster that sounds jummy. tongue

School goes first! I have the same problem so I quit the council and the game.. probably when I'm finished with my final exams I will return.. But I don't hear much about this new council tough!
See you soon I hope!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northshire Abby... Deserted?   Northshire Abby... Deserted? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Northshire Abby... Deserted?
Page 1 of 1