Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Guild List

Go down 
+2
Pilus
Feronius
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Feronius

Feronius

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 10:59 pm

-= The Great List of Guilds =-
Amongst the factions and guilds of the Kingdom of Stormwind and beyond are known the following:

The Stormwind Council:
A group of Councillors that democraticly rule over Stormwind beside the King, located in the Stormwind Keep at the Council Meeting Room (to the left of the King's room). They only decide over the Stormwind Kingdom and it's not a guild, but a group of selected persons from different groups and factions wich create a nice atmosphere and events within the Kingdom. Lead by Lady Zeria Fordring (Xaríandra).
Alignment: Lawfull Good.
More info: We present to you.. the Stormwind Council!

Townsfolk:
The people of the Kingdom of Stormwind and some foreigners, the common people.. the citizens and the merchants.. the townsfolk and the tradesmen.. the nobles and the representants of the people. Speaks for itself I'd say.. A union of townsfolk where the most citizens are members of. There only cause is to make the live of normal citizens better. Formed by Che and Alicea.
Alignment: (Mainly) Lawfull Neutral (altough majority is probably Good.)

Stormwind Militia:
The official army of militia that is stationed at the Westbrook Garrison under the lead of Commander Pilus Malbridge. They maintain the peace in the Stormwind Kingdom and serve the Council, aiding them in their goals. Commonly known as the defenders and upholders of peace around Stormwind.. having the best and most disciplined Stormwind soldiers in their ranks. Amongst them are only humans and a couple of Dwarven rangers / rifleman, their focus is mainly of defense of the Kingdom rather then offensive plans.
More info: Militia Mainpage

The Northshire Abbey:
A small group of monks and religious persons from Northshire, consisting of mainly priests and other followers of the light.. They uphold the Light as main religion in the Kingdom and offer the shelter of their abbey to any good souls in dire need of aid. Lead by Father Melefius, also the Councillor of Religion.

Silverwing Outrunners:
A regiment of (mainly) elves lead by Commander Miriel, a group that aids the Kingdom of Stormwind often and goes to war besides the Militia as their main alley. Together they form the United Alliance. Altough a lot of foreigners, they've seemed to made Stormwind their second home and have been accepted as a few of the city's most honored citizens and soldiers, their real stationed post is the Hinterlands, but their aid is more needed here.
Alignment: Lawfull Good / Neutral.
More info: Silverwing Mainpage

Khazrand ta Khaz Modan:
A clan of Dwarves from the areas to the north, Dun Morogh and further up north. They often visit the Kingdom of Stormwind and have fought besides their armies several times.. altough their style is quitte opposite to the Silverwings and Militia, some would describe them as fierce.. others as babaric. They remain rather neutral towards Stormwind, but in a friendly way. Lead by Warlord Kreutzheimer and his commanders.
Alignment: Chaotic Good.

Echoes of Lordaeron:
A group consisting of mainly mercenaries and experienced fighters, a lot of them survivors of the old Kingdom of Lordaeron (hence the name). They have sworn to fight all evil in the world, mainly the Burning Legion and the Scourge that originated of them. A golden torch stands as a symbol for their hope and to shed light in a small world surrounded by darkness.. Allied to the Stormwind Kingdom wich is basicly the closest to their home, if they'd have one. Lead by the most uncommon creature, a gnomish miss, Liesje.
Alignment: (Lawfull) Good. (lot of mercenaries and all, so Neutral and Lawfull are questionable.)
More info: EoL Background Story

The Mockers:
Thieves, Criminals and other outlaws.. an organisation of those skilled in the shady proffesions, mocking authority and all that oppose them.. or simply for enjoyment. Hiding in the shadow and doing whatever pays best.. or suits them. Neutral in general, but enemies of the authority and disliked by the Stormwind Council. Lead by Maglor "The Nightbreeze".
Alignment: Unlawfull Neutral.

Cult of the Thuzadin:
A group of Deathknights was send to the Stormwind Kingdom to infiltrate it, consisting of Deathknights.. mindless minion.. cultists and other followers of the Scourge and the Lich King. They follow in the footsteps of Xariandra Nordring "The Cruel Mistress" with as final goal to grant the kingdom the same fate as Lordaeron. Combat, Religion and corruption are their weapons.. Lead by Baron Baerdon Lordamere.
Alignment: Unlawfull / Chaotic Evil.

The Rusty Mug:
The Inn in the Stormwind park, where the booze gets handed out generously.. and the most exotic drinks and beverages are enjoyed. The Tavern is known to be a tad shady and pirate-themed, but are generally legal and approved by law. One of the most populair inns of Stormwind (player-run) and located at the mailbox. Aysel is in charge.
Alignment: (Lawfull) Neutral.

The Covenant:
A somewhat secret organisation of wich not much is known.. They choose their own rules and laws above any other, causing them to generally be disliked by the authority, but not actually noted as criminals. Their goals are not commonly known, but they have quitte a couple of soldiers.. Lead by Miriya Starfury.
Alignment: Unlawfull Good. (Their own rules above the laws, mainly Good.. altough questionable Neutral.)

The Raven Knights:
An army of honor and justice, their blue and gold colors shine on the battlefield. They are based around Stormwind and fight for the Alliance, friendly and allied to Stormwind itself. Consisting of freelance knights along with other fighters of all cultures, they fight under one banner. Under the leadership of sir Galthos "The Repenting" and his Commander Gamning Coppertongue.
Alignment: Lawfull Neutral.

Keepers of the Grove:
Loyally following the Arch-druid Ilanowyr Staghelm, they form a group of respected elves and druids.. preserving their lands and upholding the balance of nature. Friendly to the Kingdom of Stormwind and the Alliance. They are often wandering the forests of Kalimdor and the woods of Ashenvale or the Moonglade.
Alignment: True Neutral.

The Scarlet Crusade:
A large group of zealous paladins and faithfull followers of the light.. to the extreme level. Doing anything to purify and cleanse their homelands of Lordaeron, fierce enemies of any scourge and undead. Some of them are corrupted and twisted persons, slaying innocents.. others despise the way of their brothers and truely fight for justice. The Scarlets around the Stormwind Kingdom are unknown regarding their allegiance, but unfriendly and neutral towards most. (this is not a guild! ..well, sometimes, depends on the Scarlet type and all, confusing.)
Alignment: Chaotic Good. (well, they claim theirselves to be Good, it's Scarlets.. nuff said!)

The Gryphonhammers:
A small band of Wildhammer dwarves, formely known as the Silver Hammers.. their leader known as Torgar. They are skilled warriors when mounted on a gryphon, soaring across the sky.. but their hammers hit quitte effective on groundlevel aswell. Friendly to the Kingdom of Stormwind.
Alignment: Lawfull Neutral.

Order of Illumination:
An order of Paladins of the Light, their place in Stormwind is no doubt the Cathedral District. They remain neutral on most cases.. but sometimes aid in wars besides the other armies of the Kingdom. Strict worshippers of the light who see eachother as equal brothers and sisters (Macloren has the official leadership).
Alignment: Chaotic Good. (Seem to put the Light above all, therefor I gave them Chaotic Good.)

Sway of Chaos
A mysterious group of criminals, outlaw and madmen, most of them are pure psychotics. They fight "evil with evil" going from bizar challenges and tasks to heroic deeds.. the name Sway of Chaos describes them very well. They have a good cause, defeating all that oppose Azeroth.. but their ways are far from good. Said to be ead by the individual Jinjiro.
Alignment: Chaotic Evil / Neutral.

Syndicate of Shadows:
A brotherhood of shady figures, if I may say so. Not much is known about them.. but they mostly serve as informants and spies, having a lot of contacts and eyes everywhere.. also amongst the Horde-side. Wich is one of the things they are most known for. The name Saiha has been whispered as one of their main persons..
Alignment: Unlawfull Neutral.

The 9th Battalion:
A 9th part of the army formed in Stormwind out of various civilians, militia and other factions / guilds. They fight as a part of the official enlisted Stormwind Army, for the glory of the Kingdom. It's lead by different important persons, varying from leaders of guilds / factions aswell as veteran soldiers appointed with tasks. Contact goes trough Nevar and Rosabella as far as known. (This is not a guild.)
More info: General concept of the 9th Battalion

Great Sea Trade Company
A company that has opened it’s headquarters in Stormwind City and is out to become one of the most powerful and wealthiest businesses of the alliance.
Alignment: Lawfull Neutral

-= Alignments Explanations: =-
Chaotic: This means the faction does everything to reach it's goals, no matter what the price or costs are.. they would do things simply cause they think of it as good theirselves, like the corrupted Scarlets slaying innocents cause they think it stops the Scourge.
Unlawfull: This guild or faction does not act according to the laws and rules of the Stormwind Kingdom (or Alliance in general even)
Lawfull: This guild or faction does act according to the laws and rules of the Stormwind Kingdom (or Alliance in general)
Neutral: This means that no sides are picked, or that sides are picked only if it's in the factions (or their goals') interest.. like most mercenaries.
True Neutral: This is generally the same as Neutral, but a step further.. like druids, who try to stay neutral in -Any- case.
Good: The faction or guild does what is generally known as good, altough if mixed with Chaotic or so.. it doesn't always mean the ways to their goals are good.
Evil: The faction or guild does what is generally known as evil, it might be good in their eyes.. but like (mindless) murder for example is commonly seen as bad.

Please notify me of any mistakes, typo's, wrong information, missing (last) names or information.. and ofcourse, if you miss your own (RP!)guild on this list. A lot of this information was typed out of my own head and it's very (very!) logical that this threath is not 100% correct, it's here to indicate the posibilites of RPguilds on SSL to gain interest and a general view of what the guilds are. The list only contains active and decent-sized Alliance(!) Roleplaying guilds. Not all of this information can be used IC, for example the leaders are not always known, they are there to provide OOC-info on contacting the guild. No posting of long backgroundstories or anything.. might add links to sites or topics later (background ones, not recruitment threads) so feel free to post any feedback or improvements below.

Last edited by Feronius on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:25 pm; edited 25 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 2:39 am

I will think about what guilds is missing. I also suggest stating clearly what alignment the guild has.

e.g.

Militia
(description is here)

Let the leaders concider what fits their guild. The alignment gives quite a bit info to people looking for guild.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Siheld

Siheld

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:46 am

Sticky this one?
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 1:29 pm

Added some factions and the Alignments, please if you disagree.. don't hesitate to post or contact me.
Now Counting 23(+) Factions and Guilds Very Happy still growing..

Last edited by Feronius on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Also missing:
The Sarmanian Knights
The order of the phoenix
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Feronius

Feronius

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:10 am

Ok, added and edited a bunch again Very Happy (just editing this post to keep you guys up to date and prevent dull spam)
Also added "Alignment Explanations" in which I tried to explain to my best knowledge what the alignments generally mean. Wink
Back to top Go down
Himendria

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Quote :
Order of the Phoenix
(Inc.)
Alignment: Lawfull Neutral. (for as far as shown on the surface.. dumdumdum..)

Promise too fill this in asap
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:04 pm

Will do.. please give me some IC information to work with? ^^ Whisper Erio / Feronius or post it here i'd say.
Back to top Go down
Himendria

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Feronius wrote:
Will do.. please give me some IC information to work with? ^^ Whisper Erio / Feronius or post it here i'd say.

hehe i meant i promise too fill this in asap:P not that you was going too do it, its kind of hard for you too know what we want in there if we don't give you the info first:P
Back to top Go down
Smalliy

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:30 am

The Affliction

An organisation that ceased to exist until this day, Led by Sam Lid, also known as Smalliy the Organisations main objective is to destroy the defences and cause agony to whom dare betray them, They have no emotions or feelings for what they burn or whom they curse. They have no boundries and will have no Mercy and destroy even those who are close to them without a 2nd Glance. Their not yet terryfieng appearence is shown but however they are not one to mess with.

Standing with most guilds: Hated
Alligment : Unlawfull / Chaotic Evil

[I hope this will get us known so we can have more members]
Back to top Go down
Indar

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:10 pm

Don't know if this is the right place to post it but here we go:

Great Sea Trade Company
A company that has opened it’s headquarters in Stormwind City and is out to become one of the most powerful and wealthiest businesses of the alliance.
Alignment: lawfull neutral
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Deleted some Guilds / Factions, not many.. Only the ones I've never seen around or are sure are not active anymore.
Might delete some more later on, just post here if you miss any guild/faction, would like to keep the most active on here only.

I guess those rules are kind of obvious.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sprin

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:28 pm

((Venture Company: Borderline Unlawful, neutral.

A subdivision of the Infamous Venture Trading Company, the Venture Company has come to Stormwind with the intention of using Elwynn's natural resources. They are more covert than most Venture Company divisions, and claim to merely be a shipping company. However, they are willing to do anything to get more money. Currently trying to obtain two mines, and the Lumber camp, in Elwynn Forest.
(please delete this if it's wrong or w/e Razz) ))
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Due to little use and stuff + there being a short different list by nerinil, this post is no longer needed.
Keeping it due to oldskool rememberance if nobody is against Razz some of this is still correct.. some is horribly out of date.

Anyway, it won't receive updates anymore people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Guild List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guild List   The Guild List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Guild List
Page 1 of 1