Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.

Go down 
+2
Xariandra
Alicea
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alicea

The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. Empty
PostSubject: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:06 am

Well, I was just thinking one day while grinding up the levels "Golly, lots of people have many alts on this server". It also struck me how...Stuffy the Role playing on this server can get sometimes, with the Militia Vs everything and everyone else scenario getting old*. So, I thought, perhaps a little alternative thinking, combined with a good helping of comic relief, may be just what the doctor ordered.

I present you with the Townsfolk of Stormwind, a guild which isn't. There is no unifying factor in this group other than the fact they are the peasants, the peons, the Mage wrights and the craftsmen of Azeroth. The small cogs that keep the kingdom of Stormwind ticking. I'm not expecting this guild to be a massive revolutionary movement, in fact, my target audience are alts of characters that already exist, so they can let off some steam on a long night. Also, alts tend to be a lower level, and so are more suited to being a commoner. I mean, this character is a testament to how this works. Alicea is a lower level character that I play when my main gets to tiresome. She is, although serious at times, a great comic relief character, often found high on peace bloom, stroking the closest Cat-form druid, giggling at random.

And so, I come to you, people of the legion, for your opinion on the whole thing? I mean, I think it's a nice idea, to be honest, and it also could be a nice way to explore the economic crisis at the moment, as blacksmiths could be going out of business (Yes, there is a WoW economic crisis; Have you seen the prices for ore recently?! I swear, it's doubled in only 2 months!).

*Not knocking the organized RP! Pilus and the rest of ya, you rock! It's just, some of my friends are in the militia, and...They are having attempts on their life every day...literally. Maybe this will give them a vent!
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

PostSubject: Re: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:16 am

Very nice idea! I like it a lot, and I'll be sure to slip an alt in.

Also, innocent citizens are the easiest targets for us! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://thescourge.forumotion.com/
Pilus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:39 am

It sounds really nice. I am glad that you have taken initiatetive to start this.

Also, I think that it would be nice to offer some of the townsfolk jobs from our job list. There is much of work to do for those who want.

This is one of the guilds who really are the aim for a forum like this. So I do ofcause grant you a subforum in the "other Stormwind guilds" part of the forum.

Good luck with the project Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Alicea

PostSubject: Re: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:04 am

To have Pilus' support! It's an honour! I can only hope I can gather enough interest.

Time to start spamming guild recruitment! Or failing that, just wander around Goldshire, telling anyone who would listen to Alicea...Not many then...
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:30 am

Nice idea! Then you can just roleplay a citizen Very Happy
good idea, good luck with it Smile
Back to top Go down
Alicea

PostSubject: Re: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:38 am

Well, if anyone wants to insert a character into this scheme of mine, just whisper "Alicea". She usually hangs around Goldshire, but occasionally makes the trek up to Stormwind. Bare in mind, she is a level 18 (almost 19) rouge, so with no mount, she's not exactly quick-footed.

In other notes, I have a guild charter now! I don't think there will be a tabard though, seeing as we are just a loosely organized group with no real unifying factor (As said above).

Besides, tabards clash with most clothing...
Back to top Go down
Unhurius

PostSubject: Re: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:03 pm

Nice that it shows your E-mail adress and not name <.< ... it did for me too.
Back to top Go down
Officer Arod Gryphon

Officer Arod Gryphon

PostSubject: Re: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 6:20 pm

Brilliant.
I'll make an alt for this specificly, just to bring it all to life around the more omni-present guilds.
I'll contact you soonish..
Back to top Go down
Alicea

PostSubject: Re: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:21 am

The guild is made and official! Just whisper Alicea, and now I can add you like any other guild, and not force you to wander all the way to Goldshire!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:11 pm

Can you make ranks?
like:

- Merchant
-Teacher
- citizen

Etc..etc
Back to top Go down
Alicea

PostSubject: Re: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:39 am

Siheld wrote:
Can you make ranks?
like:

- Merchant
-Teacher
- citizen

Etc..etc

Done. Right, well, at the moment, the guild has 10 members. I'm going to put on a little recruitment drive to get a few more members. Thankfully, it's half term in England, so I have the whole week to work at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.   The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The townsfolk of Stormwind; The guild for everyone else.
Page 1 of 1