Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black humans

Go down 
+3
Thlaina
munechi
Dagren
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dagren

Dagren

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:04 pm

Can anyone tell me where they come from in WoW. As far as I know, there shouldn't be any. But perhaps I'm wrong. I don't know what kind of humans live in Tel'Abim for an example.
Back to top Go down
munechi

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:23 pm

there is [black dye] i think so why not?
Back to top Go down
Thlaina

Thlaina

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:38 pm

ehm, not trying to be racist or so, but they had to put it in, it was atleast nice to do so.

And no, I don't think there are any races like that

However, Pirates can be black because living out in the hot south and ships.. but don't think so.
Back to top Go down
munechi

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:55 am

maybe its because if they have black people also in it the chinese want yellow people and the indiands want red or something i dont know
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:22 am

I'm afraid it's mostly to be politically correct as well.
Back to top Go down
Lùthiën/Rosabelle

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:54 am

Dagren wrote:
Can anyone tell me where they come from in WoW. As far as I know, there shouldn't be any. But perhaps I'm wrong. I don't know what kind of humans live in Tel'Abim for an example.

STV could have dark skinned ones, but not pitchblack xP
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:54 am

A tan I'd understand indeed.
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Weren't there just several black people in Lordaeron for example? Like NPC's aswell..
Somewhere when the titans and stuff created Azeroth, they decided to be original and implement two colors of people, tadaa! Razz

As far as I know.. there's been a few (and IC there are only few) that just lived amongst the normal people for ages, like it's completly normal.. just a different skin, blame mother nature.. same as Taurens who are born white? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Iritian Grelik

Iritian Grelik

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:17 pm

Oh gee weez! Haha, Look at what you wrote Fero! "Live with NORMAL People" Alright, that wasn't funny, I'll stop now... silent
Back to top Go down
Thlaina

Thlaina

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Feronius wrote:
Weren't there just several black people in Lordaeron for example? Like NPC's aswell..
Somewhere when the titans and stuff created Azeroth, they decided to be original and implement two colors of people, tadaa! Razz

As far as I know.. there's been a few (and IC there are only few) that just lived amongst the normal people for ages, like it's completly normal.. just a different skin, blame mother nature.. same as Taurens who are born white? Surprised

Not really. I think they would have been special. And why are there so few then? And when the titans created Azeroth, they would have made quite few more I think, compared to the white. And do you recall any people in WC3 to be black? I don't Wink
Back to top Go down
Thlaina

Thlaina

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Feronius wrote:
same as Taurens who are born white? Surprised

And I think it's different with taurens Razz It's like having blonde hair or brown hair, right? xD
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:23 pm

Hmm, the titans being bored with one color isn't as illogical as 'Humans from the barrens'.
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:43 pm

Why isn't it? Razz you people are just to used to the real human logics.. doesn't have to be the same in WoW Very Happy
Imo it's very possible that black people are just.. there.. in WoW, maybe I should give a more realistic reason..

IRL: People evolved and changed slightly, as in: Chinese have yellow skin and partly closed eyes, black people have (guess what?) a dark skin and different hair then white people aswell.. Cause they lived in different area's?

In-game: The ancestors of the darker humans went to Kalimdor or Tanaris somewhere and lived there... or maybe on an isle in the ocean? Which caused them to develop a dark skin over time, due to the different circumstances they kind of evolved.. When they later returned Lordaeron (and soon Stormwind and all to) had black humans? And soon brownish ones and mixed ones.. sounds logical to me.
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:09 pm

I don't believe that humans went to Tanaris or other places in Kalimdor, lived there for a while and then turned back.

1. There should've atleast been vague legends about Kalimdor among humans.
2. It's unlikely that they ALL returned. Though the humans that remained on Kalimdor could've died off.
3. Why aren't there any traces of human civilization on Kalimdor?

Now none of these 3 arguements are completely watertight. But together I find that they still make a convincing arguement.

The only reason for black humans in WoW I find reasonable is still Titans being bored with one color.
Back to top Go down
Thlaina

Thlaina

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Quote :
In-game: The ancestors of the darker humans went to Kalimdor or Tanaris somewhere and lived there... or maybe on an isle in the ocean? Which caused them to develop a dark skin over time, due to the different circumstances they kind of evolved.. When they later returned Lordaeron (and soon Stormwind and all to) had black humans? And soon brownish ones and mixed ones.. sounds logical to me.

As I said, they should have been special, but they aren't. We would have heard about their race/culture if it really was anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Dreaker

Dreaker

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:43 pm

Dagren wrote:
1. There should've atleast been vague legends about Kalimdor among humans.
2. It's unlikely that they ALL returned. Though the humans that remained on Kalimdor could've died off.
3. Why aren't there any traces of human civilization on Kalimdor?

1. The humans knew about Kalimdor long before Jaina leaded them there. But only the oldest books mentioned the western continent.
2. There are still black skinned humans in Kalimdor. They live in Tanaris and known as Wastewanders.
3. The ancient humans were nomads. They didn't have stone buildings or large cites like in the present days. You won't find traces of the tauren civilization except the taurens who still live there.
Back to top Go down
Andarana

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:39 am

A fun fact:
Siflex did contact a GM and asked why there weren't any black stormwind guards. And the GM couldn't even answer that.
Back to top Go down
Iritian Grelik

Iritian Grelik

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:31 pm

I'd bet that Blizzard are now putting in Black Guards into WotLK right now after that the GM reported that thing
Back to top Go down
Dreaker

Dreaker

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:51 am

In Desolace there are black guards.
Back to top Go down
Dagren

Dagren

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 5:37 pm

Well, hopefully they added a B.A. Baracus easter egg somewhere Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black humans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black humans   Black humans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black humans
Page 1 of 1