Stormwind Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormwind Forum

Roleplaying related to Stormwind (SSL)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Black Watch

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shade

Shade

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:44 pm

First off, I should point out that this isn't actually a guild, never has been and probably never will be, but it is recruitment nonetheless

While the citizen soldiers of the Militia keep the peace within the realm and the professional soldierly of the guards, standing army, organisations such as the Crimson Eagle as well as other privateers ensure wider security. For security to be effective, it needs intelligence. It is widely known that SI:7 provides security intelligence for the Alliance. When organisations are so well documented, there will always be constraints to how far they can go in their defence of Alliance interests.

Some years ago, the Hidden Circle discussed this with Mathias Shaw. Their conclusion formed an organisation to counter threats against Stormwind, both internal and external without the constraints of laws or codes of conduct, using any means necessary. For them to carry out this duty they would wear no tabard and their identities would be kept secret. Known to the masterminds as The Black Watch, their secret has remained undiscovered since it’s inception, only now their remit has changed from countering threats against Stormwind to those which threaten the Alliance…

So, you get the idea. If SI:7 is the equivalent of MI:5, then the Black Watch is the equivalent of MI:6. Ever fancied being a WoW version of James Bond (cheesy one liners, womanising, silly cars and ridiculous villains are not pre-requisites), then be a part of The Black Watch.

No, it’s not a guild. It wouldn’t work if it were. The current members are part of guilds already. There are a couple of projects in the pipeline that are larger than Stormwind, hence the change in the remit to cover the Alliance as a whole, which is why I am no longer looking for just humans (and spy-style one-to-one recruitment takes ages, so I’m putting here).

Rules
1. The fist rule of The Black Watch is: you do not talk about the Black Watch
2. The second rule of The Black Watch is: you do not talk about fight club either
3. A member’s identity must remain secret at all times. If a Watchman is identified, he or she risks expulsion from the watch or more serious repercussions.
4. Agents will report only to his or her handler and not other agents.
5. Defence of the realm is first and foremost. The keeping of laws, codes of honour and moral sensibilities is a distant second next to the lives of thousands.
6. Should a Watchman be discovered or captured, they are to deny all knowledge of the Watch.

So, if you want to get involved in loads of sneaky-sneaky stuff, spying, covert operations, safe houses and secret meeting spots throughout the realm, message me here. DO NOT POST YOUR INTEREST ON THIS THREAD!
Additionally, if any guilds or even the Council feel it would be appropriate and would like an emissary or attaché from the Watch, you can let me know here.
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 4:53 pm

This seems a very interesting source of RP

50 gold says Shalice is part of it Wink
Back to top Go down
http://thescourge.forumotion.com/
Shade

Shade

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Xariandra wrote:

It's supposed to be a secret organisation. It wouldn't be very clever recruiting someone who people refer to as "The Spy", would it?
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:08 pm

sure cover it up!
Back to top Go down
Shade

Shade

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:13 pm

Happy Birthday, by the way. cheers
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:40 pm

thank you!
Back to top Go down
Shalice

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:06 pm

Xariandra wrote:

Um...
Shade wrote:

6. Should a Watchman be discovered or captured, they are to deny all knowledge of the Watch.

What Black Watch? scratch
Back to top Go down
laerel

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 4:11 pm

If I was interested in this, which I'm not ofc

and if I've sent a pm, which I havent ofc

when can I expect to get an answer? which I wont ofc because I have no intention of joining

at all

nope...none what so ever
Back to top Go down
Shalice

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Ideas like this would be much easier to promote if certain people in the Militia promoted Open RP. I know Pilus has a thing for planning everything out in advance, but when RPers can't deal with things on the fly and basically tell people to fuck off because they had other plans is pretty poor. If you want to do things that way, don't RP. Write a book.

I wont mention any names, but they know who they are. If you can only play your character like the idiot you are in real life, don't take it out on other people in OOC whispers.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Shalice wrote:
Ideas like this would be much easier to promote if certain people in the Militia promoted Open RP. I know Pilus has a thing for planning everything out in advance, but when RPers can't deal with things on the fly and basically tell people to fuck off because they had other plans is pretty poor. If you want to do things that way, don't RP. Write a book.

I wont mention any names, but they know who they are. If you can only play your character like the idiot you are in real life, don't take it out on other people in OOC whispers.
Well, we are trying to get it working on open RP and a mattter of fact 90% of our RP is open RP these days. Yesterday I had 20 incounters and none of those were planned. The only time we dont want to take in open RP is when we have meetings. The reason for that is that unplanned RP tent to be drawing too much time from all those present.

I dont know what have happened in this situation, but so far this seems quite insulting towards some militia members. Instead then I would like some contstructive suggestions for what can be changed.

*edit* I have spoken to the militia, yet none of those online regronise the situation. We will be working on appearing more friendly and if they do not want to RP with the criminals etc, then they should say they are off duty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Shalice

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Pilus, of course it seems insulting. I'm hardly going to be complementing people over this because it's seriously pissed me off. It's not directed at the guild as a whole because I know you do have a few very good roleplayers, but the fact remains the person I'm talking about is a member. Same person that made me /gquit from the militia and for the same reasons.

I know it mainly involves 1 individual, but each time it's made me think twice about RPing with your guild. If you want to change that, then the only thing I can suggest is teach them how to RP. If people want RP to be realistic, then people have to accept that sometimes things wont go their way. Railroading doesn't work and by definition is closed RP. Most importantly, people should be mature enough to discern the difference between IC and OOC. All my actions are entirely in character, but both times I've got OOC whispers resulting in me just logging out.
Back to top Go down
Pilus
Admin

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Well, I would glad like to know who it is in private so we can discuss this and find a solution. I dont want it to be in any way that people dont feel happy about RPing with the militia.

*edit*
I found out who and I am investigating the matter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pilus.info
Shalice

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 5:01 pm

I don't think there is a solution, to be honest. A person can't change their attitude overnight. In their defence, they did say they were sorry, but it should have never got to that in the first place. Not twice. It takes alot to get onto my ignore list, but they've made it there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Black Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Black Watch   The Black Watch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Watch
Page 1 of 1